Pages

Friday, January 24, 2014

G-g-g-g-g-g-glitchy Self Portrait


This is an introductory project to Adobe Illustrator where the only limitations were:
    1. It had to be a self portrait
    2. It had to be made solely from rectangles.
  This took roughly eight hours to accomplish (and I'm completely excluding the hours of procrastination).

EDIT:
So, when I was working on this project, we had to take pictures of ourselves and work on it. It was boring at times, and I'm sure I made my eyes worse. The way that my mind works is that I see colors that aren't there, sort of, but they are?? Like if you show me the color orange, I will see yellows, reds, but also the blues and purples in the shadows, or the pale yellows in the highlights. So I wanted to translate what I saw onto Illustrator. I roughly based it off the colors of the picture, but rarely would use the eyedropper tool for two reasons: it wouldn't portray the colors I see well, and it would slow my process down. For the background, I wanted to make it rectangular. So in order to avoid the confusion between my hair and the background, I used large rectangles. I also wanted to mess around with the idea of transparency (and forgot that opacity was a thing, whoops). I really wanted to convey a warm feeling, mainly because I love yellow-orange as a color (plus it resembles my hair).  I wish I had defined the hair a bit more because it looks like a big mass of "what the hell is this mess?"

No comments:

Post a Comment