Pages

Thursday, May 1, 2014

Subway Ride Back


The finished result above


 The shading on the left is how I usually (sort of) shade things in, except I would use more color and push the value more. I had to stop mid-way when I realized I didn't have enough time for this type of shading PLUS it didn't really work well with the textured background. So I decided to try something a bit different, which was integrating texture into the "cell shading." I don't believe this is really cell shading though because it typically uses the base color plus one darker shade of the base color, but I still wanted to experiment with the different types of rendering.

Silly Shenanigans with Joni
(I got too frustrated the shading)

I forgot to screen shot the shift from the background before and after I shaded it in to give it some more value. But yeah, I did that too.


Accidentally posterized the whole picture. Screen shot it because it looks kind of neat. Might use that tool for a future project, just don't know which one yet. But overall, I feel like I definitely learned some new techniques. I never thought I would use the cloning tool, but turns out I was wrong. I used the cloning tool a LOT for this project. Also I used the adjustment layers too. Barely used any mask layers, but, eh.

No comments:

Post a Comment