Pages

Friday, February 7, 2014

Gestalt Principle's Project: Version One



For this assignment, I had to follow those guidelines. As one could see above, I did use only silhouettes, and I'm positive that there are over 12 shapes.

As for the color choices, in class the teacher had stated that he wanted no less than 2 colors, but no more than 7. So the colors I used were:
  • Black
  • Light grey
  • Yellow
  • Blue
  • Purple
He did say that if you changed the opacity levels, it would still count as one color (so the upper left was originally white, but I made it more transparent, thus it still counts as white). 

As for the two Gestalt Principles, I used closure and figure-ground (these are the main ones that I focused on). 

Since this was the first version, that suggests there will be another version that will come out. I will be sure to post the critiques that I had received on that next one, but for now, I hope you guys enjoy this first version!

...

Oh wait! I completely forgot to tell you what my event was! Whoops!

Basically, this picture is about the discovery of the 13th Zodiac constellation (which may or may not be part of the actual Zodiac signs at all???) in 2011: Ophiuchus. The sign for Ophiuchus is a snake bearer. Hopefully this picture makes a tad bit more sense now.

No comments:

Post a Comment