Pages

Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Lights. Cameras. ACTION. Well, Action in Progress that is.

Remember the project I did a couple of weeks ago? The papercraft project? Well, I thought that was done and over with, but then again I've been known to get proven wrong: this is one of them.

Actually this current project seems like it'll be a nice break from the previous projects since it isn't as heavy. We're using the made papercraft dolls and creating a, that's right, movie poster! I'm not going to lie, but I was stuck for the longest time! Then there was a particular scene that really helped me out on this. It's still under construction, but I'll explain parts of my process on this (currently being made) movie poster.


Thumbnail
Getting everything placed
Not quite there yet, plus I still have to add text

I'm going to make something very clear. That is, I did not search any "blood" images. In fact, I just used acrylic and splattered it all over a newsprint.

I just took the images at different angles and overlapped them in the picture. I messed around with the contrast, brightness, and hue to get it look like dried blood. It's a really simple process, so in the next few steps, I'll show you guys!

So we have the picture of the "blood splatter"

Go to Image > Adjustments > Brightness/Contrast

You want to make it so the blood splatters really pop out without losing its form.


We're going to chose the white areas that we no longer need. Click on the "Image" button below the little picture window. Then click on the grey-ish white area that you don't want in the picture.

It selected the area that you don't want the color of. So simply just delete that part (I just ctrl + x [cut] it)

And you continue the process until you're happy with it!

Excuse this screenshot, but you're going to go to Adjustments > Hue/Saturation

Click on the "Colorize" button, which will allow you change the picture into one hue. Then adjust it to your likes! 

That's all I have for today, folks! Now, I need to get back to that project.



No comments:

Post a Comment