Pages

Thursday, March 6, 2014

Remember When I Said "Papercraft is Pretty Cool"?




Template for "Shanarani"

Few notes for this project:
1. The layout for the foot is messed up. When one is folding it, it doesn't exactly fit the way that it was supposed to.
2. The balance is off if you do not put anything in the feet and legs. I was working on another project at the time, and I stuffed the left over tape by rolling up the pieces of used tape and cut it in half in the feet and legs.
3. I forgot to say that one has to cut the legs on the side without tabs in a triangular shape (I will insert a picture later to show what I mean)
4. The hair is a mess to do. Be prepared to throw your hands in the air in frustration because that's all the hair really brings. 
5. When assembling this piece, there will be two main separate parts: the upper half and the lower half. Make sure that both pieces are balanced separately and then mess around with the balance of the them combined.

There is a progress post about this project if anyone wants to read about the whole process. 

Overall, this project was extremely frustrating. I disliked the assembling, Adobe Illustrator was tedious, and the glue was being frustratingly ill-mannered. However, no matter how aggravating a project gets, it's the end result that really shines through. I really enjoyed making the color scheme (triadic) with the blue, yellow, and red. I also enjoyed creating my own character and making it take real space. It's small (about 6 inches), but it has detail with it. I enjoyed the conceptual parts of the project, such as sketching it all out, but when it came to the final assembly, I grew impatient. I had made several mock ups, so perhaps that's why I was getting tired of putting it back together repetitively.

One thing that really bugs me would have to be the dotted lines (oh yeah, and the skull has a mix of dotted and solid lines that mingle and act as if the viewer knows what it means) because I did not know how to change the color of said line. Whenever I would try to change it, it would remain black. Thankfully, someone showed me how to apply a different color to the dotted lines. I also would like to change the opacity of them so it's not as bold as it is in the picture. 

Link to the pictures: Here

No comments:

Post a Comment