Pages

Wednesday, April 23, 2014

It's a Work in Progress


The dilemma becomes if I should do line-less art or have lines. HMMM.

It could turn out like this, thisthis, or this. The possibilities are ENDLESS. Oh golly!

But isn't it amazing that I had a thumbnail like this and ended up with the result above? The magic that is art.

I'm also leaning towards line art, but, like the last choice out of the four possibilities, it would be colored line art. I might lean towards the second to last possibility, where you have the lines aiding the picture, but it isn't dominating? I feel like rendering this picture with black lines would be a mistake as the viewer would be more focused on the black lines than anything else. No one wants that. And I think rendering it completely without lines and relying on shading would take too long. And I don't mean that in a "I'm lazy" way, but a "we have a limited amount of time" way.

Also, if you're curious about the characters, have this really, really, really old sketch I did about... wow, three years ago: [link]

Also, have a fun progress picture on a different, unrelated project.

(it's still incomplete)

No comments:

Post a Comment