Pages

Sunday, April 20, 2014

Next Project: Anything with Limitations







So, these were my initial sketches when I heard we could do anything we want. I was initially going to do an art trade with Ashley Binkley, who took these amazing photographs that I would love to show you guys, but I'm not sure if I can because they don't have watermarks or anything of the sort. But I fell in love with her latest photographic works that she altered on Photoshop. So, we made a deal where she'll print out three of her pieces, and I would print out three of my pieces that she liked. I also made an offer that if nothing else appealed to her that I would make her some art - thus this came into play. Here are some of the Photoshop sketches I did for this particular topic (and one of me goofing off):




Around the same time I saw this tutorial on making pixel art on Photoshop, which is something I've never done before. So that definitely peaked my interest.

However

There were guidelines to this assignment that I did not foresee like:


Well, damn. What am I supposed to do now? But then I thought about how I could incorporate traditional media into it, which reminded me of Hanna's work from her web comic series. I won't reveal anything super super important, but these are the pages: [1] [2] [3]. I really recommend reading this comic series, it's different from others where you, the reader, get to read the blog to see what's going on and ask questions. But unlike an ask blog, where you know everything that's going on, you have to act like that you don't know what's happening unless Jayden posts it on the blog. Sort of like real life. If someone doesn't tell you, and you already know it, wouldn't that be creepy?




So, here are the "renewed" sketches. I'm really leaning towards the subway train setting. Actually, it's really difficult to see what's going on in my sketches, but it's the right thumbnail on the bottom picture. My plan is that there are going to be two people, twins, sleeping on the subway train. I really want to practice backgrounds as I tend to neglect them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment