Pages

Thursday, April 10, 2014

Movie Poster: You're Next


Sorry for not putting this up earlier! It was done about a couple weeks ago, I think. It's hard to remember time when everything's thrown at you.


But as far this project goes, it was fun to do. I especially had fun with the blood splatter effect. When I heard we had to do a movie poster, I was stumped at first, but then I looked back at all the pictures I took (because our movie posters had to be based on our papercraft projects). I was really inspired by a combination of things: this picture, the Gone movie poster, as well as the comic I'm working on for Housemates.

The poster depicts a horror story. Other than the blood splatter and the dark colors, I also put the spotlight on the "main" character (Lord Squanderfield) as being the next victim. By putting my papercraft character in the background, as if she's coming from the shadows, it gives the viewer an eerie feeling, which is great for a horror movie poster! But I'm a bit disappointed in the text. I really should, like people suggested in critique, lighten the color of the subtext in the upper left corner and use the colors from the spotlight. The silhouetted figure is of Darion's character, which is a great character to mess around with! The title text is Scorched Earth, which is linked in the text. 

I have to say, I was really hesitant about this project, but it was pretty fun to do. 

No comments:

Post a Comment